Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcome! More postings to come at the end of September

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Jill,
First of all I am so sorry to hear about Mary's Mom. Something like that truly puts things into perspective. As you so rightly pointed out is that no digital message can ever truly convey the emotional support behind a hug or the comfort provided by a friend's presence.

As you so eloquently put it," But I prayed that the steady drum of the rain would wash away some of their pain and bring renewed hope for tomorrow."
My thoughts are with you. ~ Cindi~

Peggy Bowe said...

I am also sorry to hear about the passing of your friend's mother. Moms give ballast to a family. I can't imagine our family without our mom.

My husband plays World of WarCraft, an online computer game, and has developed quite an affinity with the some of the other players. I have always considered his "friends" virtual people(not real people), but he has now met some of them in person. I find it very strange that people can make friends online. Not to mention, find soul mates(dating services).

Since you mention the perspective that nothing is like the human touch, I would like to add that nothing is like having a human professor. I am missing having lecture with a human professor (with technology used as a tool to to reinforce what we are learning in class).